eBITS manages and provides IT support services for UT’s HR/Payroll, Financials, Facilities Management, and related enterprise systems, including financial accounting and reporting, student accounting, risk management, human capital management, recruiting, benefits, employee learning management, inventory management, payroll, purchasing and procurement, reporting, travel, credit card processing, TXShop, UT Works, and research administration. eBITS also provides customer support to the UT community through the askUS Support team, which manages a university-wide knowledge base called askUS.
- Support student information system modernization initiatives by partnering with the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, Academic Information Systems (AIS), on updates that improve students’ experiences and create operational efficiencies.
- Continue support for diversity and inclusion initiatives across the UT community, including support for preferred language and gender identification and other efforts that make working at UT Austin a more inclusive environment.
- Work with units of the Business Strategies and Operations (BSO) and Financial and Administrative Services (FAS) portfolios to enable better management of university physical spaces, improve the delivery of mission-critical services, provide better and more useful data to drive capital projects, and streamline workflows across the university as part of the UT Works Program.
- Enhance information availability and use through richer, more available data through our partnership with Data to Insights (D2I).
- Working with central business owners and campus partners on many initiatives, projects, and service improvements throughout the year. For an overview of these projects, see the semi-annual eBITS Roadmap.
- UT Works
- askUS Help Desk and Knowledgebase
- Credit Card Payments
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Human Resources, Recruiting, Benefits
- Inventory Management
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Research Administration, effort certification support
- Risk Management
- Student Accounting
- Travel Management
- UTLearn Employee Learning Management System
Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Each customer-facing service team within eBITS commits to a consistent service level with the objective of being respectful, responsive, and providing clear guidance. To learn more, continue reading eBITS Support Services – Service Level Agreements (SLAs).