In 2022, eBITS partnered with Data to Insights (D2I) to make HR/Payroll data from Workday available to campus in ways that go beyond what a standard report can deliver. The visualization format allows users to view and interact with data in ways that are not possible with standard spreadsheet-formatted reports, making the information more accessible and actionable for offices involved in strategic planning. The project involved the release of two new data visualizations through the UT Data Hub for use by offices across campus.
- The University Headcount – D0001 visualization provides a tool for viewing the unduplicated count of people in each supervisory organization at The University of Texas at Austin. Viewers can select between supervisory organization, job family, and headcount details views. For more information and links to documentation, continue reading University Headcount Visualization Available in Tableau on February 7.
- The Faculty Compensation – D0002 visualization provides offices that manage faculty positions with a way to view the full compensation amount for faculty members by fiscal year. The new tool categorizes compensation as either Planned or Additional, providing a complete view of faculty compensation across organizations and units. For more information and links to documentation, continue reading Faculty Compensation – D0002 Visualization Now Available.
Both reports display as a Tableau data visualization and provide a dashboard view and a navigable hierarchy to allow users to see data from high levels or drill down through the hierarchy to view data at a granular level.
Enterprise Business IT Solutions (eBITS) is a unified, enterprise-focused business IT organization that partners with central business offices and stakeholders across the university to leverage a sole point of contact for enterprise systems, data, support and services. Learn more
- Reduce administrative burdens
- Enhance information availability
- Reduce technology-related risk
- Provide UX informed interfaces
Campus Mail Code: