eBITS supported Procurement and Payment Services (PPS) efforts to identify options for assisting the university in tracking and monitoring payments associated with business contracts. These efforts were part of an audit-driven process improvement initiative. It established a common practice for ensuring contract payments do not exceed approved limits and provided central business offices with a standardized process to associate payments with contracts.
After reviewing existing processes and functionality, the project team implemented process changes in *DEFINE, including adding a new field to VP2 and VPE documents to capture payments associated with contracts. Associating payment transactions with contract numbers in this way gives CSUs and central business offices the ability to create reports and reconcile contract spending more consistently and efficiently.
For more information about this project, see the following online resources:
- Tracking Contract+ Payments to Improve Contract Monitoring (PPS website)
- New Process to Track Contract Payments Coming to *DEFINE (News from askUS)
- Using the Contract? Field on VP2 or VPE (askUS Knowledge Base)
Enterprise Business IT Solutions (eBITS) is a unified, enterprise-focused business IT organization that partners with central business offices and stakeholders across the university to leverage a sole point of contact for enterprise systems, data, support and services. Learn more
- Reduce administrative burdens
- Enhance information availability
- Reduce technology-related risk
- Provide UX informed interfaces
Campus Mail Code: